Search This Site

This site requires Quick time to play its audio player if need.
"A penny for your thoughts"

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Canada bus killer ate flesh of beheaded victim

Vince Weiguang Li has been charged with second-degree murder(top)

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Vince Weiguang Li, 40,charged with second-degree murder for stabbing, beheading and cannibalizing a fellow traveler on a Greyhound bus immigrated to Canada from China four years ago and worked for a time as a church custodian.

The victim,Tim McLean(Picture)Top

Li, 40, quit his job at the Winnipeg church in the spring of 2005 and later moved 840 miles northwest to Edmonton, where he worked at a fast-food restaurant and delivered newspapers. His paper delivery boss, Vincent Augert, also said Li was reliable, hardworking and did not show any signs of trouble. The attacker was arrested after a lengthy standoff with police late on Wednesday night.

Thirty-seven passengers were abroad the Greyhound shuttling through the darkness along a desolate stretch of the TransCanada Highway about 12 miles from Portage La Prairie, Manitoba., some napping and others watching "The Legend of Zorro," when Li suddenly attacked his seat mate, 22-year-old Tim McLean.

Eyewitnesses on board the bus, which was travelling on Canada's vast prairies, said the victim was stabbed 50 or 60 times by the man sitting next to him.

Li allegedly stabbed McLean several dozen times as others fled the bus, witnesses said. He then severed McLean's head, displayed it to the frightened passengers gathered outside the bus and began hacking at the body. A police officer at the scene reported seeing the attacker hacking off pieces of the victim's body and eating them, according to a police tape leaked on the Internet.

The attack appeared to be unprovoked and it is thought the killer did not know his victim. Li's wife, Anna, who immigrated with him from China, was "shocked and very much afraid as to what this is going to mean for her own life."

Li faces second-degree murder charges. He said nothing during his first court appearance Friday and has yet to enter a plea. He remains in custody and is due back in court Tuesday. VIA Related Article:Canada bus killer not guilty

View blog reactions


Post a Comment