Guide 1: Singapore
Its official! Singaporeans like Singapore Food!
So the majority of Singaporeans still like their local food!
Of the 1320 people who voted, the majority (68.5%) said they still prefer Singapore food. What was surprising though was how popular Japanese food is (53%), surpassing Chinese/Cantonese Cuisine (32.2) by quite a significant margin. Of the European cuisine, Italian cuisine (13.5%) was the most popular. More people would choose Thai (10%) over French/European (5%) cuisine.
ieat.ishoot.ipost is a popular website for Food Directory on where & what to eat in Singapore.
Some of my favorites in Singapore since 9/19/2006:
1) Min Jiang Restaurant-Rochester park -Peking Duck(Goodwood Park hotel)
2) Humble House Restaurant in Esplanade Mall
3) Lei Garden Restaurant in Chijmes_Double-boiled soups.
4) Hawker Food- Boon Tong Kee chicken rice & Cheng Mun Kee pig's organ soup 1 Foch road
Guide 2:Singapore,Malaysia & Indonesia
Makansutra TV brings you a world of gastronomic delights. Join KF Seetoh as he takes you to school on how and where to find the best "Die Die Must Try" eating spots in Singapore! All the outlets reviewed on the TV show have been listed at its website for your eating pleasure. Makansutra Raw a TV show in Singapore is on every Tuesday at 9pm on Ch 5 from the 6th of November 07.
Currently is being rebroadcast on the Asian Food Channel on Cable TV.
Seetoh comes unplanned, unscripted, unannounced and raw! Each week, he''ll descend on five hawkers and a restaurant unannounced and catch the chefs, cooks and restaurateurs totally off guard and with a spoon in the mouth. Seetoh will, in his usual inimitably frank and uncompromising style, review the eateries in their natural best, or not so. What you see is what you'll get and no hostages are taken.
The old retro street food carts concept from the Orchard carpark to its present premises at the Esplanade by the balmy alfresco Marina Bay area is re-opened on the 23rd of May 2008.
Makansutra Gluttons Bay
01-15 Esplanade Mall
daily 6pm to 3am.
Tel: 6336 7025
It portrays the original Singapore supper culture in her purest form- with all the noise, smells, cheerfulness, uncompromisingly authentic and interesting flavours, its laid back no-frills character and her friendly open-sky attitude to foodies of all ages, creed and race.
How to get there?
* MRT (alight at Cityhall MRT Station, walk towards Esplande linkway)
* Buses numbers: ( 36, 56, 70, 97, 111, 133, 162, 174M, 195, 502, C1, C2, C3, 75, 77, 106, 171, 700A, 857, 960, 961, NR 1, NR 2, NR 5, NR 6, NR 7 & NR 8.
* Taxi ( by informing the friendly taxi driver “Esplanade Mall Taxi Stand, please!”)
This is Makansutra Favorite Top 10 Food Listings
* Singapore Top 10
* Malaysia Top 10
* Indonesia Top 10
View blog reactions