China Facts and Figures
*There were 2.1 million divorces in China in 2007, nearly seven times the figure of 1980
*China said the number of Internet users in the country reached about 253 million last month, helping China overtake the United States as the world's biggest Internet market.
*Total online advertising in China is expected to reach 12.2 billion yuan ($1.76 billion) in 2008, growing 58.5 percent from last year, according to the Data Center of the China Internet.
*By the end of 2007, China had 370 million fixed-line subscribers and 530 million mobile subscribers
*Online shopping in China topped 59.4 billion yuan (8.2 billion dollars) in 2007
Number of Internet users in China hits 210 million: govt.
*101,480 people died in workplace and transportation accidents in 2007.
*China has nearly 160 million motor vehicles. Jan. 2008
*China has 47 million bloggers and 72.82 million blogs, though only 28.75 million blogs are active.
*China has 37 million more males than females
*China has 345,000 millionaires:
*China has More Than 2.6 million websites.
*China has 162 million Internet users in 2007 (132 million Internet users in 2006).
*China now has 97 million broadband users.
*China has about 440 million mobile phone users.
*The number of new HIV/AIDS infections in China was about 70,000 in 2005, with 25,000 deaths reported across the country.
*China population hits 1.30756 bln by 2005: Survey.
*China's online sales to top 51 bln yuan in 2007
*Economy Grew 9.9% in 2005, Statistics .
*Total number of journalists in China: 700,000.
*By June 30 2008, about a quarter of China's 123 million Internet users were regularly engaged in on-line shopping, 50 percent more than the same time last year.
* More than 89,000 killed on China's roads in 2006
*China's 2006 natural disasters killed over 3,000
*The number of China-made movies reached 330 in 2006, up 27 percent over the previous year.
Latest :View blog reactions
*China said as at Nov. 7, 2008 the number of Internet users in the country reached about 253 million Sept 2008, helping China overtake the United States as the world's biggest Internet market.
*China-based blogs exceed 100 million. China-based blogs total 107 million, with more than 42 percent of netizens running a blog. There were 253 million people online in China as of June, up 56.2 percent year-on-year. E-commerce transactions amounted to 2 trillion yuan (about 300 billion U.S. dollars) in 2007, and 25 percent of netizens had bought something online as of June this year.
*Trade between China, ASEAN hits $202.6 bln, three years ahead of schedule
*China exports $4 bln of farm machinery in 2007, up 50%
*Increase of college enrollment in China to hit decade low in 2008
*China's online gaming population exceeds 40 million
*China's phone subscribers to hit 976 mln in 2008
*Accidents kill over 100,000 in China in 2007, down 10%
*China Sell More Than 10 Million Cars In 2008 from 8.7 million in 2007. Next to the U.S., China is the world's biggest car market and it ranks third in the global list of largest vehicle producers, behind the United States.
*China's tourism receives $160 bln income in 2007.
*China has more newspapers and magazines. Figures from the General Administration of Press and Publication (GAPP) show there were 186 newspapers and 930 magazines in China in 1978. Today, the country has 2,081 newspapers and 9,363 different magazines.
* China has 680,000 executives and 35% are women - China has 680,000 business executives in major cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen, up 14 percent from 2007, and 35 percent of them are women, according to the 2008 China Business Executive Survey (CBES) carried out by China Market Research (CTR). Their average annual earnings were 157,000 yuan in 2008, up 36.5 percent from 115,000 yuan in 2007, while their household income grew by 39 percent to 263,000 yuan.
* China's online advertising market near 11 bln yuan. Xinhua 08-02-24 - China's market in online advertising surged by 75 percent to 10.6 billion yuan (1.48 billion U.S. dollars) in 2007, according to a report by Internet consultant iResearch Inc.
*Online shopping nearly doubled in China in 2007: Online shopping in China topped 59.4 billion yuan (8.2 billion dollars) in 2007, up more than 90 percent from a year ago. Fifty-five million of China's 210 million Internet users shopped online in 2007.
* China's customs revenue reached a record 758.46 billion yuan in 2007, up 24.3 percent year-on-year, the General Administration of Customs (GAC) said. The customs revenue increased partly because of the increase of imports, which were up 20.5 percent to 865.5 billion U.S. dollars during the first 11 months of last year.
* China's technology trade exceeds 130 trillion yuan. China's technology market reports a trade volume of 133.4 billion yuan in 2004.
* Buying Chinese goods saves Americans $100 bln a year. The Sino-US economic and trade relations are among the most important bilateral economic relations in the world. From January to October 2005 trade between China and the US reached $127.3 billion, up by 26.2 percent year on year.